[XviD-devel] Building on Mac Intel problems (again)

Isaksson Jörgen jorgen.isaksson at comhem.se
Sun Apr 23 21:28:54 CEST 2006

Hi again list...

I have to correct my earlier post. Read below:

On 23 apr 2006, at 19.18, Isaksson Jörgen wrote:

> Hi List!
>
> I've been trying to build xvidcore on an Intel iMac without success.
> I have followed the instructions in the thread "Building on an IMac
> Intel" by Tate Jones but I can't manage to compile like he did. This
> is what I have done so far...
>
> - Checked out the latest cvs version using cvs -
> d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.xvid.org:/xvid co xvidcore
>
> - Run ./bootstrap.sh (in build/generic) to have the configure file
> created
>
> - Run ./configure

- Edited the platform.inc file according to Tate Jones suggestions
like this:

AS=nasm
AFLAGS=-I$(<D)/ -f macho -DPREFIX
ASSEMBLY_EXTENSION=asm

and added:

-read_only_relocs suppress to SPECIFIC_LDFLAGS in the Linker section
of platform.inc

then I did run make and got the error mentioned below...