[XviD-devel] Building on Mac Intel problems

Christoph Nägeli chn1 at mac.com
Wed Apr 26 19:00:04 CEST 2006

xvid-devel-request at xvid.org wrote:
> Run ./configure then I modified the platform.inc file according to Tate
> Jones suggestions like this:
>
> AS=nasm
> AFLAGS=-I$(<D)/ -f macho -DPREFIX
> ASSEMBLY_EXTENSION=asm
>
> and added -read_only_relocs suppress to SPECIFIC_LDFLAGS in the Linker section
>
> When I try to compile xvidcore using make I get the following errors:
>
> L: libxvidcore.a
> ranlib: file: libxvidcore.a(timer.o) has no symbols
> ranlib: file: libxvidcore.a(timer.o) has no symbols
>   L: libxvidcore.4.dylib
> ld: Undefined symbols:
> _MAX
> /usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
> make: *** [libxvidcore.4.dylib] Error 1
>

> So now I get this instead? Hmmmmm... What might be wrong?
Hm, compiles for me. (both xvid: cvs & 1.1)

It doesn't make any difference here by me but I normally compile using
something like this:
% ./configure --enable-macosx_module
edit the assembly part as above
% setenv LDFLAGS "-read_only_relocs suppress"
% make

I tried on a MacBook 1.83 Ghz.

--
Christoph