[XviD-devel] Dr. Xvid

Harikrishnan Varma hvarma at divxcorp.com
Wed Aug 23 03:21:21 CEST 2006

"Thomas Müller" wrote:
> Dr. Divix is out in a new version.
> It is open source
> The whole world asks, if - becasue of opens opurce - soon a Dr. Vxid
> is possible.
> Though, no, there is no option to use in Dr. Divix other codecs.
> Why not ?

Because it wasn't meant to be a replacement for applications such as VirtualDub. The target audience for the application is different: those who wish to generate DivX/XviD content as easily as possible without having to fiddle with advanced settings. So, someone whose expertise is between a newbie and an expert.

> We need a "Dr-Code-it", in which users can use every code they want.
> Ok, stay here with Xvid.
> Is anyone able to insert the last Xvid into Dr. Divx and rename it to
>
> Dr.Xvid ?

We have always wanted to add XviD support to Dr.DivX. Any volunteers to get this effort started?

Regards,
 Harikrishnan