[XviD-devel] Does Xvid support SSE3?

sebastiaan cygeus at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 18:01:29 CET 2006

Hi

I was wondering if Xvid has support for SSE3? According to the Xvid website:

http://www.xvid.org/Project-Info.46.0.html
Due to extensive algorithmic optimizations and specific support for
latest PC processor extensions like SSE2/SSE3 SIMD instruction sets or
dual-core/hyperthreading technology, Xvid provides highest performance
video de- and encoding on modern PCs.

http://www.xvid.org/General-Info.19.0.html
Special optimizations also for the very latest features of PC
processors like hyperthreading, dual-core or SSE3 instruction set
guarantee high-performance video playback and creation.

But I couldn't find anything in de code about it. Only SSE and SSE2
seems to be used in asm optimizations.

kind regards,

sebastiaan