[XviD-devel] Entry point for encoder

postmaster at itsacon.net postmaster at itsacon.net
Fri Jan 6 13:03:17 CET 2006

Hi everyone.
For a university project, I'm currently trying to port XviD to a Texas
Instruments DM642 DSP. This board, to be exactly:
http://focus.ti.com/docs/toolsw/folders/print/tmdsevm642.html

I already have the video capture and video out parts, and I'm trying to find the
best way to hook in the decoder.
My video capture code gives me three pointers to a fram (Y, U & V), and I've
found that I probably need to hook these into the image queue for the
enc_encode() function. My first question, what is the best way to do this? Can
I pass them as parameters to an enc_create() call? Or is enc_create only called
once, as an init function, and not every frame? I'm not very clear on this part.
If the second, what IS the right way? For the first parameter of enc_encode()
wants a lot more than only the frame pointers, so do I really need to send
these again every frame?

Second, I'm trying to create a loopback device, that is, encode my incoming
videostream, decode it again and pass it on to de video out.
What is the 'easiest' way to hook the encoder's output to the decoder's input?

Thank you all in advance,

Bernard.