[XviD-devel] Home Theatre profile hardware compatibility

skal skal at planet-d.net
Tue Jun 6 15:54:24 CEST 2006

   Hi Giorgio and all,

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 19:35 +0200, Giorgio Menaguale wrote:

> I have used version 1.2 (20060513 cvs snapshot).
>
> I have used "Home Theatre PAL" profile and single pass constant bitrate or
> twopass encoding

    thanks for your investigations

    Are you sure *all* of these modifications are required to make
    your bitstream play?

    My guess would be : your player is choking on vol_profile
    (saying: "Ouch! A profile i'm not supposed to read!! => abort").
    That's why we maybe should not emit a VISOBJSEQ_START_CODE, only.

    Anyway, could you try enabling only one feature at a time
    and see which one really makes your file play? (if this is
    the case. After all, maybe all of the three {profile}{bitrate}
    {fixed_vop_rate} set of features are really needed, who knows).

    bye!
Skal