[XviD-devel] A problem on decoding vol_ver_id

skal skal at planet-d.net
Tue Mar 21 13:54:30 CET 2006

  Hi Xiang Li and all,

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 14:19 +0100, Xiang Li wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I found a problem in xvid 1.1.0. Please have a look at the following code
> (src\bitstream\bitstream.c)
[...]
> Please note the red line. According to the standard 6.3.3 Video Object
> Layer, If both visual_object_verid and video_object_layer_verid exist,
> the semantics of video_object_layer_verid supersedes the other. When this
> field does not exist, the value of video_object_layer_verid is substituted
> by the value of visual_object_verid. So I think vol_ver_id should not be set
> to 1 here. Is it a bug?

	Yep, i think it is. We should keep track of the global
        visual_object_verid value, and use it as a default
        value (instead of '1') when video_object_layer_verid
        isn't present.

        Now, i haven't met this (rare) situation in any bitstream
        yet. Would you have such a sample available, by chance?

        bye!
Skal