[XviD-devel] A SSIM Plugin for XviD

Johannes Reinhardt Johannes.Reinhardt at uni-konstanz.de
Fri Nov 3 19:15:57 CET 2006

Hi,

[...]
skal schrieb:
>> Patches are here:
>>
>> http://xvid.ist-dein-freund.de/stuff/ssim_part2.diff
>>

>    ok, applied. There was a little rounding error for pdevc/pcorr
>    in the ASM code (missing constant 32 before descaling >>6).
>    Should be ok now.
>    xvid_bench.c updated.

Thanks

> [...]
>
>> http://xvid.ist-dein-freund.de/stuff/encraw_stats_fix.diff
>>
>    This one i don't understand: it seems to me totalPSNR[] is
>    already accumulated in every case...

hmm, seems so. Sorry for the noise.

I have the weighted version ready. Almost all calculations are now with
floats the results for mean, devo,devc and corr are passed as ints so
not much code had to be changed, the error from this should be very small.

and it is indeed very very slow (about 0.4 fps for DVD resolution on my
P4 2.6). The differences to the unweighted were around 0.002 in my tests.

Patch is here:

http://xvid.ist-dein-freund.de/stuff/ssim_part3.diff

Regards,

Johannes