[XviD-devel] Small change in zone handling of xvid_encraw

Michael Militzer michael at xvid.org
Wed Nov 22 01:02:13 CET 2006

Hello Johannes,

just to let you know: we're currently evaluating your patch and I agree
that there is a problem. However, I'm not sure whether it wouldn't be the
better solution to prevent that weights <= 0 are set at all. Because even
if we code a weight=0 zone as quant zone with quant 31, this is not really
the proper behavior.

Strictly speaking being able to set a zone to weight=0 simply seems to make
no sense to me...

Regards,
Michael