[XviD-devel] docs about MPEG4 enc/dec

Paolo Prete p4olo_prete at yahoo.it
Thu Nov 30 17:04:03 CET 2006

Hi,

in order to develop an application which uses a mpeg4
codec, i would like to have a good knowledge of how a
mpeg4 codec works.

I have two questions:

1) In the "links" section of xvid.org, I've found
"Two-pass MPEG-2 variable-bit-rate encoding "
Is it good too for understanding a mpeg4 codec, or
should   I find something more specifical for mpeg4?
If so, can you paste a related link?

2) at the "ISO/IEC Information Technology Task Force"
which is the right document which I can study for my
purpose?

thanks for all the infos,
Paolo