[XviD-devel] XVID on Visual Studio 2005

Yue-Meng Chen ymchen at centralitycomm.com.cn
Tue Oct 3 01:17:22 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am moving all of my work related to XVID from Visual Studio 2003 to
Visual Studio 2005, however, it seems there is some problem to get it
compiled. The error massage reported there was something in "portab.h"
conflicting with VC system file:  "crtdefs.h".

I also tried to download the newly updated XVID source code from
web-site, but problem is still there. The setting in preprocessor
definitions I am using is "ARCH_IS_GENERIC" & "ARCH_IS_32BIT".

Did anybody confront the same problem before? or shed some light on it?

Thanks,

- Richard