[XviD-devel] Using XVID_CSP_INTERNAL

Kyle Meadows darktyco at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 30 19:14:08 CET 2006

Hey, thank for the reply.

I took out the lines that were trying to tell the decoder what the strides should be so my code looks the same as the snippet you put in your e-mail. The behavior of the decoder has remained the same however:

1) The Y stride for the stream is coming back as 1904, even though the stream's horizontal dimension is 1774. The decoder_stats_t.data.vol.width field is reporting it correctly at 1774. So while I can still display the video using the stride of 1904, it ends up looking too big.
2) The first call to the decoder and every third call after that returns a NULL pointer and stride values of 0.
3) The program now runs noticeably slower

I didn't experience any of these problems when I was using XVID_CSP_YV12. What I am wondering is if these are actually problems or if it is normal for this kind of stuff to happen when using XVID_CSP_INTERNAL. But since the program is running so much slower I am lead to believe that something fishy is happening.

Thanks again, I appreciate it,
Kyle