[XviD-devel] ASM on Mactels running OS X

Robert Swain robert.swain at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 23:46:11 CET 2006

Hello,

I e-mailed about this a while ago but I don't think I posted the
result. For someone who knows the build system of XviD or general
configure/make build methods they can probably add Mac OS X Mactel ASM
compilation pretty easily. I believe the $target_os value is darwin*
but may be capitalised. Only the Apple nasm will work as far as I know
and the asm format needs to be 'macho'. See here for more details:

http://rob.opendot.cl/index.php/useful-stuff/xvid-with-asm-on-os-x/

I hope this helps as it will make Mactel OS X users a bit happier. :)

Regards,
Rob