[XviD-devel] Unsupported opcode into "quantize_mpeg_mmx.asm"

carlo.bramix carlo.bramix at libero.it
Thu Sep 21 11:29:41 CEST 2006

Hello,
the latest quantize_mpeg_mmx.asm crashes on my PC.
The cause is the "cmovg" opcode used into quant_mpeg_intra_mmx() function.
I suggest the following change, which should be as fast as the P2 opcode (perhaps a bit faster!) and also fixed my problem.

Small note: if you look into the changed code, you will see that the sign-extend of EAX into EDX has been done with a copy-shift instead of CDQ. I made it because I think it's better since these two opcodes can be paired safely to others, while CDQ cannot be paired to anything.

Bye,

Carlo Bramini