[XviD-devel] (no subject)

A AP snopa at freeuk.com
Sun Apr 1 19:30:43 CEST 2007

Hello everybody

When I compile my own program (that mades a simple XVID function call),
appear the follow message:
___________________________
Linking...
ManageXVID.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xvid_encore
Debug/MyProgramXVID.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.
___________________________

I am trying to compile the XVID (xvidcore-1.1.2) release, following the
instruction of (http://www.discdude.net/xvid/compile.html), except in the
part of DIRECTX SDK (I'm only interested in VFW) and the (Pthreads for
Win32).

I follow the instruction of (\xvidcore-1.1.2\doc\install). When I compile
the xvidcore, it generates the "xvidcore.dll" file and when I compile the
vfw, I have a litte problem:
___________________________
Linking...
  Creating library Release/xvidvfw.lib and object Release/xvidvfw.exp
The system cannot find the specified file.
Error executing c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe.

xvidvfw.dll - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s)
___________________________

Despite of this message, it generates these files:
 - xvidvfw.exp
 - xvidvfw.lib (debug and release folders)
 - xvidvfw.dll (bin folder)

THE QUESTION:
How should I configure my Visual C++ with the generated files (core and
vfw)?
If someone have already compiled XVID using Visual C++, can explain me the
necessary steps.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Albert.