[XviD-devel] msvc build environment [was: no subject]

A AP snopa at freeuk.com
Wed Apr 11 23:15:12 CEST 2007

> On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 18:52:39 +0100 "A AP" <snopa at freeuk.com> wrote:
>> First of all, thanks PETE for your answer.
>>
>> ...but it doesn't work yet.
>
> "yet" is the important modifier...

You are right.

>> I'm going to explain my msvc configuration:
>
> ok.
>
>>  - In the project->settings->link (Win32 Debug & Release):
>>   "vfw32.lib winmm.lib xvidvfw.lib"
>>
>>  - In the Tools->Options->Directory (library files)
>>   (The path where I have put the xvidvfw.lib file: "C:\XVID\lib")
>
> the discussion earlier was about xvidcore.lib... are you sure you mean
> xvidvfw.lib?

It's true, I'm sorry. But when I compile the
"xvidcore-1.1.2\build\win32\xvidcore.dsw" the MSVC doesn't generate the
"xvidcore.lib" file (At least, I don't find in any folder). For this reason,
I figured that the library was xvidvfw.lib (for its reference in the install
file)

>>  - In project->settings->post-link (Do you refer to "Post-build step"?)
>>   (nothing)
>
> i mentioned the post-build step, to address you concerns over the "Error
> executing c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe" message. if you are creating your
> own project, then the post-build step page will be empty.
>>
>>  - I've copy the xvidcore.dll file in my "MSVC_PATH\bin" directory
>>
>> ________________________________
>>
>> If I put the include "#include "xvid\encoder.h", appears the next message:
>>
>>  -----
>> portab.h(93) : fatal error C1189: #error :  You are trying to compile XviD
>> without defining address bus size.
>>  -----
>
> encoder.h is a header file used internally by xvidcore, and should not
> be included in your program, as it depends portab among other things.
> just #include xvid.h.
>
>> ..I'm totally get lost
>
> ok. i suggest you first have a look at examples/xvid_decraw.c and then
> the try building the associated project (build/win32/xvid_decraw.dsp).
> xvid_decraw demonstrates how to decode mpeg-4 bitstream using the
> xvidcore library.
>
> -- pete

Well, At least I have been able to compile my project without errors!!!!
Thank you!! Your last suggest helped me a lot. I will explain how:

I'm really interested in the encode part of XVID (xvid_encraw) and I can
compiled it (separately) without errors. If you see the
"project->settings->link" configuration, you can see this reference:
"xvidcore.dll.a". Thanks to put the same reference (and others), my project
can compile finally.

  Category: General
    Object/libraries modules:
      -> xvidcore.dll.a vfw32.lib winmm.lib

  Category: Input
    Additional library path:
      -> bin
  (In my "MyXVIDproject_PATH\bin" folder: the "xvidcore.dll.a" file)

That's all.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.