[XviD-devel] Is there programming Guide avaiable?

Krzysztof Zmorzyński k.zmorzynski at post.pl
Sun Aug 19 17:30:58 CEST 2007

Jim Hauxwell pisze:

> steve,
>
> cant help you with a guide, but I think I know what your problem is.
>
> I think, if I remember correctly, there was a problem in the past with
> quotation marks which caused this error.  Try replacing the single '
> with " in the custom build line of the first file which fails.  If that
> succeeds then do the rest.
>
> Cheers

In VS 2005 I had similar problem. I just removed all the quotation marks
from nasm custom builds paths and it worked.

> Jim
>
>> Hi:
>>
>> I am new to xVid. I couldn't find any programming guide or tutorial on the
>> Internet.
>>
>> Is there any one could help me to find them either official or non-offical?
>>

>> I can build  xVid 1.1.2 on my XP with .NET 2003. But It fails to build
>> 1.1.3.
>>
>> I got the following error messages:

Also, you could look in Buildlog.htm to check if all paths are valid.

When you've dealt with nasm problems, you have to make small fix in
portab.h (found it somewhere in xvid devel archives):

between line 78:
#    if defined(_MSC_VER) && _MSC_VER >= 1300 && !defined(__INTEL_COMPILER)

and 79:
#        include <stdarg.h>

add this line:
#    define _INTPTR_T_DEFINED

and you should be able to compile it without errors.
I also had some problems (random crashes, something with freeing memory,
as I recall) when I used xvid as a dynamic library (.dll) in c++
application. After switching to static library, everything went smooth ;)
best
chris