[XviD-devel] Performance questions

Radek Czyz radoslaw at syskin.cjb.net
Thu Aug 23 06:01:41 CEST 2007

Hi,

 >     xvid_gbl_init.cpu_flags = XVID_CPU_SSE2;

This disables anything BUT SSE2. Since there's very little SSE2-only
code in XviD, you end up with almost pure C.

Leave it at zero to auto-detect, it's your best option unless you really
want to *disable* something.

 > 2.  Why Xvid decore () setting RGB565 is slower than BGRA8888?

RGB16 are the slowest colourspaces in existence. They are also very
rarely used so xvid only has "for completeness", unoptimized code for them.

Radek