[XviD-devel] How to use the xvid_encrew.c

janaka priyadarshana rpjanaka at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 08:25:16 CEST 2007

hi all,

i want to test the xvid_encraw.c file so i need to have a .pgm file. but i
was unable to find that how to get that.
can you please tell me how to create a "YUV encapsulated in PGM"  file.

so then i tried to do this with a .yuv file. (i know how to create a .yuv
file)

./xvid_encraw -type 0 -w 488 -h 640 -i stream.yuv -o my_xvid_example.m4v
-stats

But this is not working properly, it will return the following.

xvid_encraw - raw mpeg4 bitstream encoder written by Christoph Lampert
2002-2003

Error opening input file ./alize/stream.yuv

please can you tell me why this is and how can i do this in a correct
way.....?