[XviD-devel] Fwd: How to use the xvid_encrew.c

Michael Militzer michael at xvid.org
Fri Aug 24 10:28:25 CEST 2007

Hi,

of course you can encode also a yuv stream with xvid_encraw. Your command
line actually looks perfectly fine (and works for me):

xvid_encraw -type 0 -w 352 -h 288 -i /tmp/paris.yuv -o out.m4v

If that doesn't work, xvid_encraw may be unable to find your input file
(have you specified the full path?) or does not have the rights to open it.
It could also be that you accidentally modified xvid_encraw.c (try a clean
source package) or that you suffer from a compiler bug (possible if you
work with a rare compiler or target an exotic platform). Try a debug build
without optimizations.

But I suppose the cause for your problems might be quite trivial...

Regards,
Michael