[XviD-devel] Non-deterministic encoding

Dark Sylinc dark_sylinc at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Dec 31 15:55:44 CET 2007

Like suggested:

> >> The only time I've heard of issues like this has
> >> do with the floating
> >> point unit using 16 extra bits for accuracy which
> >> aren't preserved across
> >> context switches.  Also, don't the SSE2 (...)

What's the proccesor family steppíng etc?
And more importantly:
Were all using the same OS with the same SPs (if
you're using linux, then the same distro and kernel
version)?
Another reason could be faulty HDD. (but I don't think
so since you said ff was working fine)
It could be a context switching bug, either caused by
the cpu or the OS (or a buggy/malware background
program that is causing trouble).
Other than that, I don't know.

Dark Sylinc

http://yahoo.cupidovirtual.com/servlet/NewRegistration