[XviD-devel] Patch to add support for building NVIDIA CUDA files into xvid + Request for help

Paul Kurucz pkurucz.list at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 03:14:00 CET 2007

http://dungeon.darktech.org/~paul/xvid/cuda_build.patch

This patch adds support for building Nvidia cuda files under linux.
Since there are no cuda files currently present in xvid, the final
binary output remains the same.  configure.in is currently setup to
only attempt to detect the presence of cuda on linux hosts.

More information on cuda can be found here:
http://developer.nvidia.com/object/cuda.html
Ian Buck's video presentation to Stanford students on CUDA:
(informative) http://www.stanford.edu/class/ee380/fall-schedule-20062007.html

On windows, the nvcc compiler seems to depend on the visual studio cl
compiler.  I haven't been able to figure out how the make nvcc happy
from the command line.  It consistently complains about missing header
files.  I also imagine that the gcc linker might not be happy with the
MS compiler's binary .obj files... But I have yet to get that far in
the build process.... So, If there are any mingw/msys + visual studio
wizards out there, I would appreciate any helpful advice or patches
that you could offer.

Thanks,

pk

aka. the_butler on irc