[XviD-devel] How to change XviD encoder settings programmatically on Windows (DirectShow and other methods)

Andreas Schuler dres.schuler at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 22:54:50 CET 2007

Hi all,

I am using DirectShow within my application to encode and decode video. Now
it would like to be able to set the target bit rate in particular from
within my app without having to display the XviD codec property page.

The question is: Is there a COM interface (such as then one offered by the
Theora encoder), which could be used to set the bit rate? Again the idea is
not having to interact with the codec itself, but retrieve an interface from
the XviD video compressor filter within the DirectShow graph.

In case this is not possible with DirectShow, then can anyone tell me if
there is any other way to do that? For instance through the registry? I don’
t want to have to interface with the codec directly mainly because the
application is written in C# (from which I can do DirectShow or registry
accessing just fine).

Thanks,

Andreas