[XviD-devel] Creating QuickTime readable videos

Kevin Rodrigues Kevin.Rodrigues at lntinfotech.com
Wed Jul 4 12:53:30 CEST 2007

Hi,
Xvid just gives the mpeg4 stream. What is needed is a container format.
Mp4 is one such container format which you can use. You can get more
details by searching for quicktime file format. It is similar to that.

Hey,

So I was really hoping someone could point me to some good information on
actually encoding video in C/C++ with this library. I couldn't find the
XviD
documentation on the website so I have only read the information releases
in
the tarball.

I tried running the example encode program but the outputed video file is
not playable by quicktime or vlc... I used the '-o' option to put the
frames
into a single file and it appeared to work the file was created
successfully
and it was full of data.

I am assuming i am not understanding the full process. This was a raw
mpeg4
bitstream, but how do i encapsulate that into a playable media format?

I am having much difficulties finding information on this. Any help would
be
greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Martin Dale Lyness

Regards,

Kevin Rodrigues
Software Engineer
L&T Infotech Limited,
EL 200, TTC Electronics Zone,
Shil Mahape Road,
Navi Mumbai 400 701 India
Phone: 6793 4125
Email:  kevin.rodrigues at lntinfotech.com

"Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent."
-Napoleon

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
-Abraham Lincoln

The information contained in this mail is classified as

(  ) L&T Infotech Proprietary
(  ) L&T Infotech Confidential
(x) L&T Infotech Internal Use
(  ) L&T Infotech General Business