[XviD-devel] (beginner) question

Havasi László havasi at pannonvision.hu
Wed Jul 4 20:15:50 CEST 2007

Hello,

I don't understand how I can set the bitrate of the stream.
The implementation is based on the sample code, i think that the most
important thing is the plugin:

	xvid_plugin_single_t single;
	memset(&single, 0, sizeof(xvid_plugin_single_t));
	single.version = XVID_VERSION;
	single.bitrate = (DWORD)m_Params.EXT_GetVar("Bitrate");

	single.reaction_delay_factor=16;
	single.averaging_period=100;
	single.buffer=100;
	plugins[xvid_enc_create.num_plugins].func = xvid_plugin_single;
	plugins[xvid_enc_create.num_plugins].param = &single;
	xvid_enc_create.num_plugins++;

(All other parameter is also based on the sample code.)
I can change the bitrate parameter but the size and quality of the stream
will not change! I have the same experiments by using the XVID VFW codec.

What is the problem?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Laszlo