[XviD-devel] Creating QuickTime readable videos

Ranguvar Foeseeker ranguvar13 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 21:11:13 CEST 2007

You're getting abit out of my league here, I don't program much, but I'll
try to help.

I found two things that may (or may not) be useful, if you can't rip the
library out of mp4box, not sure about the ethicality/legality of that.

AVI2MP4 - http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=108172

QuickTime OSX Compinent for Xvid Playback:
http://n.ethz.ch/student/naegelic/download/
or a different one: http://www.perian.org/#detail

There is also a DivX codec for Mac that enables DivX/Xvid playback in
QuickTIme...

Basically, there just needs to be a cross-platform component that allows
QuickTime to recognize the hacks people use to put MPEG-4 video in AVI
containers. Either that, or everyone needs to switch to mplayer, VLC, or use
ffdshow ^_^

--
     Ranguvar Foeseeker
LLP Insanity FAEAA