[XviD-devel] help needed in finding bug in "_transfer_16to8copy_mmx" - Part I

Stepping, Michael (FernUni) michael.stepping at FernUni-Hagen.de
Sat Jul 21 14:17:41 CEST 2007

Hi experts,

I made some tests in encoding with "xvid".

But for my wiredness, my xvid-encoder from
sample 1.2.0, crashes from time to time.

After enabling the Debug-Information in the release compilation
I got now a first Dump-file for the debugger and got now
a first call stack.

But sorrily all the output is assembler and I can hardly
get an estimation, where my crash happens.

As I figured out, some register in the function
_transfer_16to8copy_mmx() points to a location,
where valid memory should be referenced. (Perhaps)

The register ECX points to 00004C00. And the debugger
prints "????" as content of this memory place.

I tried to retrieve as much information as I could get.

Perhaps someone can give me a hint, what I am doing
wrong. Any idea is appreciated.
For my disappointment, I deleted the raw material already, before
I detected the abnormal end of encoding :-(

Perhaps someone can help me anyhow.

Thanks in advance,
Michael

Here are the information, I could retrieve:

... Part II ...