[XviD-devel] remark and question

Michael Militzer michael at xvid.org
Thu Jun 14 12:00:41 CEST 2007

Hi,

I believe the remark part is a known issue that had been discussed before.
Input buffers to the Xvid decoder should be padded to 8-byte boundaries. It
does not matter at all which values the padded bytes actually have. It's
just important that the decoder can read from the input buffer in 8-byte
chunks.

If you cannot provide such input for some reason you should define
XVID_SAFE_BS_TAIL in bitstream.h, which however will significantly slow
down decoding speed (cf. also to the comments in bitstream.h).

Regards,
Michael

Quoting joseph.codadeen at symbian.com: