[XviD-devel] remark and question

pascal.massimino@free.fr pascal.massimino at free.fr
Sun Jun 24 23:36:21 CEST 2007

  Joseph, all,

Selon joseph.codadeen at symbian.com:

> Thanks for the info. However, as I don't know which part of the code this
> is failing in can we be certain that some rouge s/w can't misuse this
> piece of code by not providing 8-byte boundaries?

   This is not the worst an application not respecting the API
   can do. Passing NULL pointers instead of handles and the such
   are also forbidden but yet possible, e.g.
   Doesn't mean we shouldn't check the alignment of the passed buffer
   and issue a warning, but this behaviour doesn't look like a threat to me.

Skal