[XviD-devel] Speed issue in Version 1.2

Michael Militzer michael at xvid.org
Sun Mar 18 19:00:38 CET 2007

Hi,

are you sure you're using the same encoder settings than with Xvid 1.1?
Also, are you sure there's no config error? A common mistake is that
Xvid gets compiled without assembly optimizations when nasm or yasm is
not installed on the system you use to compile Xvid. It's also possible
that your system is not properly detected and hence some optimizations
got disabled at compile time.

You should check the output of configure to ensure Xvid is compiled with
assembly optimizations enabled and your platform is properly recognized.

Regards,
Michael