[XviD-devel] xvid yasm dependency (Ubuntu)

Michael Militzer michael at xvid.org
Sat May 19 16:16:06 CEST 2007

Hi,

there's Altivec/PPC specific code in the ppc_asm subdirectories. Further,
specific assembly code for Intel Itanium platform is also included
(ia64_asm subdirectories). This code is specific to ARCH_IS_PPC and
ARCH_IS_IA64 defines respectively.

Nasm is used for the standard x86/32 assembly code (x86_asm subdir). Yasm
is required to assemble the x86/64 code (x86_64_asm).

Regards,
Michael