[XviD-devel] avi container

Krzysztof Zmorzyński k.zmorzynski at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 14:32:34 CET 2007

Hi,
I'm planning to pack xvid encoded data into avi file, so it can be played in
windows media player. I think, that most of the information is on this site:
however, there are few things that are not clear to me.
Looking at one avi file, after 'strf' there is a JUNK chunk (but I belive,
that it can be ommited), and then there is LIST with 'movi' type, with
'00db' right after.
Next there are few bytes, including 'DivX503bp1393p' and 'XviD0046'. I
assume that those are specific to mpeg4 format and after them there goes raw
mpeg4 stream (returned by xvid decoder).
Where can I find description of the bytes I mentioned above? Or maybe
someone has code to pack xvid data to be playable in media player? ;)
thanks
chris