[XviD-devel] Some minor issues in xvid 1.1.3

Fabian Greffrath greffrath at leat.rub.de
Thu Nov 15 09:09:28 CET 2007

[This is my second try. The first try from monday is still not on the
list. Maybe I have to register for my messages to be accepted?]

Dear xvid-developers,

I have encountered some minor trivial issues in the current version of
the xvid sources:
- The 'build/generic/configure' script checks for a minimum patch
version of '34' of the nasm compiler, expecting a version number (>=
0.98.34). Please note that the current version of nasm is (0.99.06) and
thus reporting a patch version <= 34. As a consequence the libraries are
built without asm optimizations although a recent nasm is installed.
- The perl script in 'examples/bench_list.pl' is missing the
'#!/usr/bin/perl' shebang line; please see attached 'shebang.patch'.
- There is a semicolon missing in 'src/quant/quant.h' leading to a build
failure on ia64; please see attatched 'ia64.patch'.
- The tarball still contains 'config.log' and 'config.status' in
'build/generic'.
- The Gentoo distribution is also applying some interesting patches
which can be found here:
http://ftp.riken.jp/Linux/gentoo/media-libs/xvid/files/
and here:
http://gentoo.osuosl.org/distfiles/xvid-1.1.2-noexec-stack.patch.bz2

I'll be happy to see these changes in the next xvid release. ;)

Thank you very much for your effort!

Cheers,
Fabian

--
Dipl.-Phys. Fabian Greffrath

Ruhr-Universität Bochum
Lehrstuhl für Energieanlagen und Energieprozesstechnik (LEAT)
Universitätsstr. 150, IB 3/134
D-44780 Bochum

Telefon: +49 (0)234 / 32-26334
Fax:     +49 (0)234 / 32-14227