[XviD-devel] compiling problem on different calling convention(stdcall)

Dark Sylinc dark_sylinc at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Nov 18 16:18:08 CET 2007

Hi

> 1>qpel.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external
> symbol
> _mp4v_V_Pass_Avrg_Up_8_Add_mmx at 20

It's been a while since I don't use nasm. But if I
recall correctly, changing cdecl to stdcall in the C
compiler wouldn't change NASM files. You would need to
change each asm file to change the name of each
function. Luckily they're all using a macro, so you
should redefine that "cglobal" macro with the one
explained here:
http://www.codebreakers-journal.com/content/view/158/104/

Not an easy task though. (but not hard enough)

I also wonder how this would affect the asm coder, in
case there is somewhere an assumption on how the
parameters are given.

Why do you *NEED* to use stdcall anyway??

Cheers
Dark Sylinc

      Compartí video en la ventana de tus mensajes (y también tus fotos de Flickr).
Usá el nuevo Yahoo! Messenger versión Beta. http://ar.beta.messenger.yahoo.com/