[XviD-devel] Fw: libxvidcore compiling

reno reballos rreballos at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 1 04:08:21 CEST 2008

Master Sylinc,

>I believe you're trying to compile XviD as a Codec for
>personal use, rather than compiling XviD to use with
>your custom application.
>Am I correct?
yes, you are correct i will using Xvid Codec for my custom applications, not on media player application but on live video streaming applications for video conferencing, wherein i am going to use the web camera as my stream source and encode the stream, save the encoded stream either into memory location(buffer) or to my hard drive either of the two options will do.

>> '.\Release/sad.obj'; permission denied
>Looks more like a temporary Windows issue that could
>be fixed on reboot.
yes you are correct, i just reboot and solves the problem, it compiles successfully in Release and debug version configurations.

and then, i compile also the Vfw, then i install the xvid.inf, then it prompts me with the Dll needed along the installation peocess, what i do as you said, i just give the path of the Dll that it needs during installation and it installs successfully without any problem. next step is to compile the Dshow, what i get during the compilation process is an error on the CXvidDecoder.obj (unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall CVideoTransformFilter::CVideoTransformFilter(char *,struct IUnknown *,struct _GUID const &)" (??0CVideoTransformFilter@@QAE at PADPAUIUnknown@@ABU_GUID@@@Z) referenced in function "public: __thiscall CXvidDecoder::CXvidDecoder(struct IUnknown *,long *)" (??0CXvidDecoder@@QAE at PAUIUnknown@@PAJ at Z))

and the second error is on the xvid.ax (unresolve external error), i am afraid to touch anything about the code for it might gives me more problems...

in actuality, i have tried using the xvid along with my custom applications, i have started already on encoding process and my reference is the xvid_encraw, along the way as i pass the live video stream to the xvid encoder and it gives me the compressed stream as the product of the xvid encoding, i just save the encoded stream to file to hard disk for i wanted to played it back later after encoding using VLC player or elecard media player to check whether i have encoded the stream correctly, as a result i got an encoded file on my hard disk and it got 675Kb of data every time i encode stream in whatever encoding duration i take, but the major problem is it does not play back with VLC or Elecard media player. now my question is whats wrong with my encoding process? does this something to do with file tag header, which i am going to set up before passing the data stream for encoding which i dont know for xvid?

by the way xvid_encraw as an example it gets streams from file and in my case i am going to read from buffer, what shall i do with the data(live video stream from camera) before encoding?

looking forward to hear from you, thank you for the clear explanation you give me a while ago.

thank you,
reno