[XviD-devel] Fw: Fw: libxvidcore compiling

reno reballos rreballos at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 2 10:58:17 CEST 2008

Hi Master Dark Sylinc,

thank you for the clear and prompt reply...

>Note: AVIFile API won't work with XviD for DECODING
>avi files. No one knows (so far..) how to fix that.
>However it does work for encoding, which is what you
>need if you want to create a file that could be viewed
>with i.e. VLC
>You'll need the VFW installed for AVIFile to work

>Note2: AVIFile and such are usefull for creating AVI
>files to see them with VLC. However, if your intention
>is to make an application that encodes the video in
>your camera, send it through the internet and decode
>with the same program in the other half (like
>video-conferencing) you can use (obviusly!) your own
>format instead of AVI...

since i will be working on video conferencing, it would be better to use asf containenr in containing the encoded mpeg4 stream since i will also be decoding it to display at the remote area or receiver side, currently i have encoded mpeg4 stream already but i dont know how to contain this to asf container... do you have known sites that will lead me to a solution?

ps: i have encoded live stream already and save it to file and i got 675kB of data in the encoder i use the color space XVID_CSP_RGB and it works it gives me single encoded frame as i said with 675kB of data and i was able to view it in elecard mpeg player and the frame is inverted, after that my system crashed, the next time i run debug i got lots of errors which i dont know since it does not gives me an error within the file or my project, what i do i copy my project file and run it to other computer and it compile successfully, i dont know whats gonna happening within my system... right now i forgo to uninstalling the Microsoft visual studio, all the SDK, DDK and all of its components and install back..i hope i can manage to restore the good normal operation.

thank you,
reno