[XviD-devel] Fw: libxvidcore compiling

reno reballos rreballos at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 8 04:05:11 CEST 2008

Hello Master Dark Sylinc and Stephan Assmus,

Thank you very much for the reply... which lead me closer to the way i wanted to be with my encoding...

In my own application, which is similar to video conferencing or  video streaming at almost real time, i have encoded the live stream already from my camera and save it somewhere into hard disk as a file without containing the stream to either ASF/AVI all i do is just save the product of the encoding process from xvid_enc_frame_t.bitstream to file. luckily when i try to played it back it plays back but the problem is the playback is so fast (i am not yet using any xvid decoding process in the coding i just use the encoding part as of this time and save the encoded stream to file)... right now i understand based on what you have said that the fast play back with the encoded stream is not due to the parameters i assigned to my encoding process but instead it has something to do with the decoding part... (by the way i use Elecard Mpeg player and Windows media player to playback the encoded file both plays back OK but the rate is so fast ans another thing is
 after the play back the player crash down!)...

my question are:

1. what is the reason why i can play back the file even though i didnt put it into container as an AVI/ASF file or any video format container?

2. from the first concept that i can play back the encoded file without containing it to any format container based on my assumption, is it also possible to display the stream to the receiver side without any decoding process, although the concept and logic is already established that i have to decompress what i have compressed?

3. another thing that i noticed on the encoded file is that, it got big amount of data that it reaches to 80-90MB and takes only 3-5seconds of fast play back. but during the course of capturing the stream it takes me more than 5seconds.

i am sorry for these many questions, i just really wanted to know deeply what xvid encoder is?

P.S.: i am not making my own player, i just save the encoded stream to file for me to confirm that i encoded the stream correctly by playing it back using a player that can plays back the encoded stream...

thank you very much,
reno