[XviD-devel] Fw: libxvidcore compiling

Dark Sylinc dark_sylinc at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Apr 8 18:14:33 CEST 2008

> > is it really normal, that the output of the xvid
> encoder plays back
> > 3times faster than the normal playback? if no,
> what factors affects to
> > this?

You could be most likely be saving the uncompressed
image instead of the compressed. (try an external
enconder with the same parameters and see how much it
weights)

That would explain the fast speed of your playback.
You would be saving RAW data of UNCOMPRESSED video,
which wouldn't contain any frame rate information,
thus the media player doesn't know at which speed it
should run.

Dark Sylinc

PS: Let me tell you, I find outstandly weird that a
media player was able to read raw information without
even asking something to the user, specially if it's
in MPEG-4 and not uncompressed.