[XviD-devel] Fw: libxvidcore compiling

Dark Sylinc dark_sylinc at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Apr 9 17:23:53 CEST 2008

> my
> target is to lower it to around 500kB.. is it
> possible to lower the data? what shall i do or set
> the xvid encoder parameters to meet all these?

Lower the bitrate/quantizations. There are many other
options too.

Here's a guide I quickly found (Google can be your
friend!) for the VFW XviD codec. The options are
explained. Play with them using your favourite encoder
and then use those options in your code (setting the
right flags..)
http://www.filmrip.com/tutorials/xvid_setup.php

Note less size obviously means less quality.

Dark Sylinc

--- reno reballos <rreballos at yahoo.com> escribió:

> Hi Dark Sylinc,
>
> thank you for your reply you lighten my burden and
> lights up my way to succeeed video compression using
> xvid, by the way i was able to play back normally
> the encoded stream by the xvid encoder and my next
> concern is the amount of the encoded mpeg4
> bitstream, in my case i got around 1,249kB of data
> in 6seconds of capturing. is this normal amount
> compressed video stream  of resolution 320x240? my
> target is to lower it to around 500kB.. is it
> possible to lower the data? what shall i do or set
> the xvid encoder parameters to meet all these?
>
> thank you,
> reno

IMPORTANT:
The information contained in this email may be commercially sensitive and/or legally privileged. It is intended solely for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are on notice of its status and hereby notified that your access is unauthorized, and any review, dissemination, distribution, disclose or copying of this message including any attachments is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system.

      Los referentes más importantes en compra/ venta de autos se juntaron:
Demotores y Yahoo!
Ahora comprar o vender tu auto es más fácil. Vistá ar.autos.yahoo.com/