[XviD-devel] Fw: libxvidcore compiling

reno reballos rreballos at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 12 08:58:04 CEST 2008

Hi Master Stephan Assmus,

i have already encoded the raw stream into file and i was able to play it back smoothly with VLC, and the next task is to decompress it through xvid decoding, but along the process of decoding the compressed stream i always got 1 as the return value of the decoding process in effect i got less amount of data compare with the compressed data i.e. my compressed data is 1Mb but when i decompressed it i got less than that sometimes i got 67Kb, now my question is whats wrong with the decoding process?

another thing, please consider this scenario, i have built already the encoding part and i can save the stream into file and even played it back smoothly using VLC, and i try this file as an input to the xvid_decraw and the result is, it decompresses the stream into single frames with the 1Mb of compressed data i got around 250+ decoded single frames and this is also same thing happens with the example provided by the xvidcore-1.1.3 which is cactus.pgm(raw video format) and my_xvid_example(compressed video format)... i have tried all these file and they work perfectly even with my own xvid compressed file from my application itself...

please help me why this strange thing happens....?
looking forward to hear from you...

regards,
reno