[XviD-devel] mulithread rework

Con Kolivas kernel at kolivas.org
Thu Apr 24 06:03:46 CEST 2008

On 24/04/2008, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 12:37:05PM +1000, Con Kolivas wrote:
> > bitrates / higher quantization settings). So why am I even looking at
> > xvid? Well ffmpeg is not really "stable" and has random different
> > problems at various intervals, and, well, there was this xvid code
>
> I know you are not trying to report a bug but "random different
> problems at various intervals", could you be slightly more precisse? :)

/me runs fast in the opposite direction....

Actually I've had some white bars on some encodes. Couldn't figure out
why they happened so I switched to xvid and they went away. As to a
sample file that reliably reproduces it, I don't have the source any
more so this is as good as useless as a bug report. Why didn't I
provide the source and report a bug back then? Not all material is
freely distributable...

/me keeps running...

--
-ck