[XviD-devel] Fw: Fw: libxvidcore decompression

reno reballos rreballos at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 24 14:53:28 CEST 2008

Hi Master Stephan Assmus,

<You did not commented on my point that you might have to call xvid_decore()
<*multiple* times until you can use a frame in the output buffer. See my
<other mail

i have tried this method but, still i got no output data from the xvid_dec_frame.output.plane[0],  i have follow closely the decoding process and assigns values in it like what xvid_decraw did and also the link that you've given me....

<Are you calling xvid_decore() multiple times in a loop and
<feeding it new data, checking the decoder stats after each time to see if
<you have decoded the first frame successfully?

yes, i tried this method too and i got no data too, i check the xvid_dec_stats.data.vol.height and xvid_dec_stats.data.vol.width, yes, it does give me the width and the height corresponding to the width and height that the input file that i have, which means decoder was able to determine the video resolution which means too that i have input data but in return does not gave me an input

isn't that i have to call XVID_GBL_INIT, XVID_DEC_CREATE and XVID_DEC_DECODE every time i decode or i have to call XVID_GBL_INIT, XVID_DEC_CREATE once and  XVID_DEC_DECODE whenever i have frame to decode and XVID_DEC_DESTROY when i do finish the decode, right now in my application i call XVID_GBL_INIT, XVID_DEC_CREATE and XVID_DEC_DECODE whenever i decode a frame..

<I thought you wanted to calculate the uncompressed frames requirements.
<For the compressed stream, it is a function of how you setup the xvid
<encoder.
is there a formula or basis to this that i can calculate in advance how much data i will have whenever i compress a frame and also in the decoding, how can i know that i have decode 1 single frame?

thank you..looking forward to hear from you...

regards,
reno