[XviD-devel] Fw: Fw: libxvidcore decompression

Stephan Assmus superstippi at gmx.de
Sat Apr 26 14:31:22 CEST 2008

reno reballos wrote:

> Hi Stephan,
>
> thank you for the constructive criticism, i was able then to realized...
> now  i was able to decode the  file that i am going to decode .... and i
> am also finish with the encoding process.. and now the  next  is to
> combine them the encoding and decoding so that encoding and decoding will
> work in almost real time..
>
> based on what i have tried, what i did is:
>
> 1. initialize once the encoding and decoding routine.
> 2. call the encoding main function to encode raw video
> 3. decode the encoded frames...
>
> my question is, how will i know that the encoded frames is ready for
> decoding? in real time...

You don't need to care about that. From all I understand about what you are
trying to do, you will encode data on one computer, send it over the
network and decode the data on another computer. You don't need to know
about frames at the level where you receive the stream. Just pump the
stream into your decoding routine and display the frames that xvid puts
into your output buffer.

You will need to come up with a concept for your application. What work is
going on? Are you going to need threads (I believe you do)? Which threads
does which work? What locking requirements do you have? And so on.

Best regards,
-Stephan