[XviD-devel] xvidcore 1.2.0 compile error on Ubuntu 8.10

Michael Militzer michael at xvid.org
Tue Dec 2 23:55:07 CET 2008

Hi,

Quoting Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 10:15 PM, Christoph Korn <c_korn at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I am trying to build your new xvid 1.2.0 release in ubuntu 8.10.
>>
>> Unfortunately it fails with this output:
>> http://pastebin.ca/raw/1274055
>>
>> Maybe you can help me to find the problem and fix it.
>
> Release 1.2.0 compilation is broken on Unix system.

well, I don't think that this generalization is true. 1.2.0 compiles fine
for me under Linux (e.g. SuSE 10). The issue may rather be gcc version
dependent.

> Please use latest
> CVS version:
> http://downloads.xvid.org/downloads/xvid_latest.tar.gz

Latest CVS version is 1.3.0-dev, so is not the same as 1.2.0. If you have
problems compiling 1.2.0 you should apply Guillaume's patch here:

http://list.xvid.org/pipermail/xvid-devel/2008-December/005990.html

Regards,
Michael