[XviD-devel] No yasm support?

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 10:58:50 CET 2008

Hello,

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Michael Militzer <michael at xvid.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the X86_64 code does not assemble with yasm. It's not difficult to make it
> work with yasm but then nasm won't swallow it anymore.
>
> You could add assembler specific macros to make it work with both yasm and
> nasm - but why? I don't think it should be a huge problem to have both yasm
> and nasm installed on your build machine...

Well, it looks to me that NASM doesn't yet support 64-bits Mach-O:
http://www.nasm.us/doc/nasmdoc7.html#section-7.6

Not like this is _very_important though...

I just think that YASM is be superior replacement of NASM, so having a
working YASM support seem like more useful than NASM support.

Guillaume
--
One should not give up hope on imbeciles. With a little training, you
can make them into soldiers.