[XviD-devel] Mach-O and SECTON .rotext

Takashi Mochizuki mochi at da2.so-net.ne.jp
Thu Dec 4 14:32:30 CET 2008

Hi,
I moved to nasm now. And I am struggling to build new 1.2.1 src,
under MacOS X 10.5.5 + macport + nasm 2.5.1.

//

I have found every x86 asm uses "SECTION .rotext align=SECTION_ALIGN".
But under Mach-O binary, nasm says "panic: invalid section
name .rotext".

So, I have embed simple macro into src/nasm.inc:25, as:
+ %define .rotext .text
(I am not sure if this macro is useful or meaningless, though.)

//

Now I think I can build static library (libxvidcore.a) under MacOS X
env.,
... but not dynamic link library yet (libxvidcore.dylib).

Do you anyone have any idea?

Takashi Mochizuki