[XviD-devel] VFW Makefile Broken

Brendan Brewster brendan.brewster at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 23:54:28 CET 2008

Hi,

I hope this is the correct mailing list to be sending this report to and I
apologize if it is not.

When compiling the latest Xvid 1.2.1 under Cygwin or MinGW, I have no
problems with xvidcore itself or dshow. I did, however, run into one snag
trying to compile the vfw component. The last change to
xvidcore/vfw/bin/Makefile from revision 1.5 to 1.6 for 'WIN64 compatibility'
removed the line:

CFLAGS += -D_WIN32_IE=0x0500

Compiling with the release vfw Makefile causes the following:

$ make
  D: =build
  C: ./codec.c
  C: ./config.c
../src/config.c: In function `main_proc':
../src/config.c:1964: warning: implicit declaration of function
`ListView_GetExtendedListViewStyle'
../src/config.c:1971: warning: implicit declaration of function
`ListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle'
  C: ./driverproc.c
  C: ./status.c
  W: ./resource.rc
  L: xvidvfw.dll
config.obj:config.c:(.text+0x78f1): undefined reference to
`_ListView_GetExtendedListViewStyle'
config.obj:config.c:(.text+0x7916): undefined reference to
`_ListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle'
Creating library file: xvidvfw.dll.a
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [xvidvfw.dll] Error 1

When the removed line is restored, everything works as it used to:

$ diff Makefile.bak Makefile
26a27
> CFLAGS += -D_WIN32_IE=0x0500

$ make