[XviD-devel] docs/cvs

Dark Sylinc dark_sylinc at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Feb 8 03:18:22 CET 2008

Hi!

> webinterface for cvs didnt work for me (suse 10.3,
> firefox 2.0.0.10).
> comes up with 'open viewvc.cgi with kwrite'.
> shouldnt the viewvc.cgi be
> sending out an html file?

Pherhaps it IS making an html file. KWrite is just a
KDE text editor. Open the file with KWrite and see if
it is valid (i.e. you'll see code) For some reason
firefox is not treating the file as a script, or it is
not recognizing it's output. Are you sure everything
is installed and configured OK?
Anyway you can try the daily CVS snapshot.
I'm trying now to get the CVS access, and I can't
enter either. However, my DNS server can't even
resolve the address. Pherhaps there is something wrong
with my ISP or the CVS server is down.

> also, the docs section... is it only the install &
> readme files in
> xvidcore-1.1.3/doc ?? i dont mind contributing some
> general docs if
> thats where to put it... cvs=wiki for developers :)

AFAIK the docs are only for configuring and
installing. There are not much docs about the API, how
XviD works, nor how to use it (There are a few samples
and guidelines, that's all) And contributions are
appreciated by the XviD team (& the community!)

Hope this helps
Dark Sylinc

      Los referentes más importantes en compra/ venta de autos se juntaron:
Demotores y Yahoo!
Ahora comprar o vender tu auto es más fácil. Vistá ar.autos.yahoo.com/