[XviD-devel] Adaptive quantization help--variance masking

Dark Sylinc dark_sylinc at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Feb 21 20:30:47 CET 2008

Note that xvid_encraw actually won't let you encode
AVI files (although I've never tried in Windows, which
may have AVI support). It is using for testing and as
a sample for configuring xvid. It is common to encode
the file that comes with the source: cactus.pgm

I suspect you're using linux. Once you ./configure 'd
the binary package and did the
make
make install

then go to the %xvid%/example and do the
"make"
2 app will pop: xvid_decraw & xvid_encraw.
The 2nd one will compress the file into a
(non-standard?) mp4u file, the 1st one is used to
decode it back again.
Read the readme in the same folder to see the cmd
options (or the src itself, it's a single file)

If you're in windows, the project files already
include the xvid_encraw projects.

Dark Sylinc

--- Jason Garrett-Glaser <darkshikari at gmail.com>