[XviD-devel] Access violation in AviStreamWrite using Xvid with width>720

Renate Schaaf rme-schaaf at web.de
Wed Feb 27 14:53:10 CET 2008

I'm writing videos using avifil32.dll, feeding a stream of bitmaps to a
compressed AVI-stream using AVIStreamWrite. It works fine with the
latest Xvid-Codec 1.1.3, but only up to a video-width of 720. Beyond
this, I get an Access-Violation the first time I'm using
AVIStreamWrite. The same works fine with the Microsoft MP42 codec with
resolutions up to 1280x960, so it looks like an Xvid-problem from here,
or what could I have been doing wrong?

Thanks,
Renate Schaaf